Think of these vows as the 10 commandments of healthy living
- I vow to make exercise a part of my daily life. I will not make excuses and instead exercise in whichever way I can, at whatever time of the day is suitable for me.
- I vow to start eating healthy from today. Healthy food is tasty food. I will do my best to include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy and lean meats in my diet and enjoy the food and it’s health benefits.
- I vow to sleep 6 to 8 hours every night. Surviving on less sleep does not make a hero. Instead, it makes me less productive, overweight and unhealthy.
- I vow to quit smoking. Smoking is bad for me in every possible way. It can lead to lung disease, a variety of cancers and also makes my skin look terrible.
- I vow to avoid stress. Deep breath! Next time I begin to lose my cool, I’ll ask myself, “Is it really worth it?” Stress is one of the biggest causes of disease today and I will not let myself fall victim to it. Instead, I will finds ways to release the stress constructively!
- I vow to say no to substance abuse. I will avoid drugs and consume alcohol only in moderation. I’m smart and educated enough to know they’re not good for me and will not make bad choices.
- I vow to take care of my teeth. Healthcare involves oral care and I will not forget that! I’ll brush my teeth twice a day and floss if required.
- I vow to get regular health checks. I understand that many diseases often don’t show symptoms until it’s too late. Which is why I will get periodic health checks as advised by the doctor.
- I vow to be environmentally conscious. My health goes beyond just my personal hygiene and health. I know that when I litter or pollute or waste natural resources, I’m affecting my and my family’s health.
- I vow to practice safe sex. I will be responsible for my own as well as my partner’s health. I will get tested, use contraceptives and not leave anything to chance.
BONUS POINT: I vow to be kind to myself. Hey, I’m just human! If I fail on some counts from time to time or don’t measure up to the media’s image of perfection, I’ll love myself nevertheless.
You may also like:
- Healthy food substitutes
- Top 10 unhealthiest habits in men!
- Silly Girl! Top 10 Unhealthiest Habits of Women