Mangoes are such yummy fruits. They can be eaten raw or ripe. They can be used in pastries and salads. But did you know that they also offer more significant health benefits? We list these powerful pluses below:
1. Mangoes fight cancer. The phenols and enzymes found in the fruit have cancer-preventing properties. Mango also has a high content of soluble dietary fiber, which according to scientists helps lower the risk of cancers in the gastrointestinal tract. The fruit is rich in vitamin C, which helps protect cells from free radical damage and, therefore, reduces the risk of cancer.
2. They're good for your eyes. One cup of sliced mangoes supply 25% of the body’s daily vitamin A dose, which aids good eyesight. Eating mangoes helps prevent night blindness and other eye ailments.
3. They help in digestion. They contain digestive enzymes that help break down proteins and aid digestion. It also combats acidity. The high fiber content helps prevent constipation.
4. They make your skin look good. They're rich in vitamin A, which helps improve skin quality. Eating the fruits may help clear up clogged pores.
5. They get you in the mood. The vitamin E found abundantly in mangoes helps regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive.
6. They help fight anemia. Mangoes are rich in iron and thus beneficial for pregnant women and those with anaemia. Further, vitamin C found in Mangoes enhances absorption of iron.
7. They help you gain weight. Mangoes can be beneficial for those who want to gain weight, as it is a high-calorie food. Also, raw mangoes contain starch which gets converted into sugar as the fruit ripens.
You may also like: