Get rid of dark lips with these natural remedies
There are many factors that can cause your lips to go dark. The main causes are the exposure to UV rays, allergies, excessive smoking or caffeine intake and hormonal imbalances. However, dark lips are one of the most common problems affecting people of all ages. While rosy lips are one of the most important elements of an individual’s charm which can add to one’s appeal, dark lips can tarnish personal image and can cause embarrassment. Nevertheless, there are many ways to lighten dark lips. Here are some simple natural remedies that can help to treat and lighten dark lips.
- Honey is a natural ingredient to treat lips as it can soften and bring a pink glow to the lips. Apply honey on your lips and leave it overnight. Do not wash off.
- Lemon is commonly used to treat dark patches and spots on the skin. But did you know you can also use lemon to naturally lighten dark lips? Apply and massage freshly squeezed lemon juice, and leave it overnight for best results.
- Massage your lips with ice cubes. It will keep your lips nourished, moisturised and fresh.
- Apply a mixture of castor oil and almond oil to massage your lips for a natural pink colour.
- Scrub your lips at least once every week to remove dead cells and dry skin and also improving blood circulation. You can mix 5 to 6 drops of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar and use this for exfoliation. Once you rinse off, apply a healing lip butter or your favourite lip moisturiser.
- Use some petroleum jelly on a soft toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips. This can be done daily for smoother lips.
- Cucumber extracts are effective in healing dark lips. Daily application would help lighten the lip colour.
- Application of Aloe Vera gel over lips helps in restoring the original colour.
- Prepare a paste by mixing a ripe banana with some milk cream and honey. Apply the mixture daily over your lips.
- Crush a few fresh rose petals and mix it with little amount of glycerine and some castor oil. Apply this mixture daily on your lips for better results.
- Mix one tablespoon of curd with 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice and massage it on your lips. This remedy is beneficial for lightening your lip colour.
- Mix a pinch of salt in a tablespoon of milk and rub the lips gently with this mixture. Wash off after 10 to 15 minutes. This remedy would help you to attain pink lips naturally.
- Soak two almonds in water overnight, remove the skin in the morning and grind them. Mix it with a little bit of milk to form a paste and apply on your lips. Keep it for 15 minutes or till it dries. Then scrub it out to remove the dead skin and instantly lighten the lip colour.
- Mix honey and sugar in equal quantity to prepare your lip scrub at home. Scrub it out gently to get rid of dry, chapped and dark lips. Use regularly for best results.
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Related Articles -