cheesy chicken recipe
If you are a non-vegetarian, you are in for a treat. This recipe has two of your favourite ingredients - chicken and cheese. Who could have possibly thought that cheese and chicken can be incorporated as part of the Indian cuisine! With a little help from an expert Mum, we gave an ordinary chicken gravy a whole new makeover with cheese. This recipe will have you drooling.
1kg chicken (preferably boneless pieces)
1 cup cashew (non salted, cooking cashew)
2-3 green chillies
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tspn jeera
1 cube cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Grind the cashew, chillies, garlic, jeera and peppercorns together to form a fine paste.
2) In a pan, heat butter and oil. Now, sauté the chicken in salt and pepper (stir fry).
3) Remove the chicken and keep aside.
4) Add the paste to the oil and sauté on low flame.
5) After sautéing the paste, add the chicken and mix well. Let it cook on low flame till the chicken is done (Add water if required to make liquid consistency).
6) Once the chicken is cooked well there will be some oil floating on top of the gravy. This is an indication that the gravy is ready.
7) Now shred cheese on top and cover the pan. Let it rest for a while. The cheese will melt and give flavour to the chicken.
Recipe Courtesy: Mrs. Zahabia Motorwala, Home maker, Mumbai
Image courtesy: ©Thinkstock photos/ Getty images