Snack healthy with this great recipe for peanut butter. A must-try for all of you who prefer homemade goodies to processed food.
Homemade Peanut Butter
Ingredients for homemade peanut butter:
- Roasted peanuts (on stove or in oven) – 250 gms
- Ground nut oil – 1 to 3 Tsp
- Pinch of salt – Optional
- Jaggery or honey – Optional
Method of preparing homemade peanut butter:
- Place the peanuts in a blender and churn it to get the desired consistency. Initially the peanuts will get chopped into small pieces, but keep blending them more (for about 3 – 5 minutes) till you get a nice smooth paste of peanut butter. If required, one can add some oil to get a more smoother mix (the peanuts themselves realease oil, so adding the external oil can be avoided).
- Add salt/ jaggery/honey/dark chocolate chips to give different flavours to the peanut butter.
- Incase you want the peanut butter chunky, add some chopped peanuts to the smooth mix.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy your peanut butter whenever you like!
You may also like: