Dress up to
suit your look
* Too tall and slender? Then choose fabrics that drape and
hang well to make the most of your long legs.
* If you have a voluptuous
body, avoid loud colours or big patterns. Instead, opt
for long tunic tops with plenty of layers in darker colours.
* Monochromatic dressing (one colour from head to toe) can make you look taller and
* If you have curvy hips and are proud of them, go for a
super-low boot-cut jean, which sits well on the hips and shows off your
* Wear clothes with larger prints to complement your assets, and
smallprint or plain garments for areas you don't want
to emphasise . say, heavy hips or
* If your upper body is noticeably smaller than your lower body
(you are pear-shaped), broaden your shoulder line with wide necks and colour; focus on or above your waist with a belt.
If you are plump, avoid sleeveless tops and dresses. Wear dark colours, and small prints or vertical-line prints that give
a slimmer look.
* Heavy hips? Give cotton sarees and Kota sarees a miss.
Go instead for "drapey" chiffons and
Home fashion rules
1. Your wardrobe
should show your personality, not the personality of the store's
2. Sometimes, less is more. Do not accessorise a dress that already has an attractive print or
3. Never stick to just one shop for all your clothes. You must
attempt an interesting variety.
* Always carry a kohl pencil, an easyuse eyeliner and a glossy lipstick in your handbag. You
will need just five minutes to perk up!
* Also keep a powder compact with
you at all times. If you do not have time to do your makeup, just dust some
powder on your cheeks and forehead for instant radiance.
* Has your favourite nail polish become too thick? Just add a bit of
nail polish thinner to the bottle.
* Got a double chin? Put blusher under
the jawline to hide it.
* If your eyes are red,
avoid pastel or warm-toned eye shadows such as lavender and rust . they will play up your
10 natural beauty
1. Try this face pack to get an instant glow. Mix
2. A party in the
3. Want a natural skin tightener? Mix 1tbsp finely grated raw potato and 1tsp thick
4. Tired of dandruff? Apply a mixture of warm olive oil,
5. You do not have to spend money on store-bought
6. Want healthy hair? Mix 1tbsp of almond oil with 1 egg yolk and
8. For cracked heels, melt paraffin wax, mix it
9. To avoid
Reproduced From Good
Housekeeping. © 2010. LMIL. All rights reserved.