Breakfast is a very important part of our diet. If you are inhabit of skipping your breakfast, here are some very important reasons why you should not.
8 Health Reasons You Should Never Skip BreakfastBreak-the-fast, after going hours without food you, finally get up in the morning and need lots of energy to kick start the day. Only breakfast can provide you with this energy.
If you’re of those who’re still not having your breakfast, now is the time to change that habit. Here are some extremely important reasons why!
Why you should never avoid breakfast
1. Breakfast improves your metabolism:
Your blood sugar level drops down in the morning. You need food that can provide you energy to get through the morning. Body needs fuel to keep it runningand the night is the longest gap in the refuelling process. To make sure your metabolism keeps on going you need to have something within 2 hours of waking up.
2. Keeps you on track if you’re looking to lose weight:
Researchers have found that those who eat breakfast tend to maintain and lose weight. Though people skip breakfast in the hope of losing weight they tend to eat more during lunch or even choose unhealthier options later on which results into weight gain.
3. Helps to maintain insulin response:
Skipping meals leads to a hyper insulin response when calories are consumed later on. That means the level of insulin inblood is more than the glucose level which can lead tometabolic disorder. This in turn results in to fat accumulation.
4. Helps perform better at work/school:
Hungry employees and students don’t do any good at work/school. When you are hungry you are irritable and disinterested which reflects on your work too. Breakfast helps you to wake up and makes you attentive.
5. Burns those calories early:
If you have breakfast you can burn those calories early! How is that? Well, instead of going hungry till lunch and then hogging on something loaded with calories with fewer hours left in the day to burn it consider refuelling yourself early and getting enough time to burn those calories.
6. Aids in setting a good example:
If you have kids, you always want to set a good example for them. By having breakfast on time you will show the quality of leadership by example.
7. Gets you your essential nutrients first thing in the morning:
There are food which we have only as a part of our breakfast like cereals, fruits and milk. If you bypass your breakfast you might never get those nutrients.
8. Skipping breakfast can make you grumpy:
Oh yes! If you have been skipping breakfast and are inbad mood, you probably should know why. Not having breakfast makes you grouchy. You might not even realise it and keep wondering why you’re so irritable!
Apart from all these reasons to have your breakfast there are few things you should always keep in mind:
- Never have dessert for breakfast, it will cause blood sugar loss later onand you will be tempted to eat even more.
- Read the labels carefully, even if it says ‘nutritious’ look into the details and understand if your body needs that kind of food to start the day.
Stay full, stay happy!
Photograph via sxc.hu
You may also like:
- Healthy breakfast ideas you can make in a jiffy
- Healthy breakfast ideas
- Recipe – Diabetic-friendly breakfast – Green Pancakes and tomato chutney