Our fast paced lives are full of work and stress. Our metaphorical plates are overflowing with more things to do than we can imagine and then there’s the internet as an add-on (like the whipped cream on the coffee) that keeps people way longer than they should.
So are you sure you are getting enough rest to be a fresh new person every day? Read on to know if you need to grab the blanket, switch the lights off and get some dream-time.
1. Online at 3: So you get up in the middle of the night and check your phone. You see so many notifications that your eyes are wide open and you go online and start replying to mails, tweeting, updating statuses or pinning at odd hours. These are all good indications that you are losing your sleep.
2. Forever stressed: You can’t tolerate people, you shout at them. You are stressed and you have no idea when was the last time you felt happy. Maybe all you need is a nap.
3. Forget-me-yes: You keep on forgetting things. You walk into the same room thrice and go out without taking what you really wanted. Birthdays are forgotten. You are late for meetings and gosh, you don’t even remember what exactly you were doing!
4. Funny with food: You go crazy with the food. Either you keep on eating or you don’t feel like eating at all. You don’t understand when you are hungry and your relationship status with food is strictly complicated.
6. Infection attacks: You are sick of being sick. The door is wide open and infections are walking in one after the other. You are even out of sick leave at work! What you need is not another tablet; but regular sleep.
7. Dwelling in dilemma: “Tea or coffee”, “now or later”, “this or that”; these are the common question you keep asking yourself. You have lost your super powers of decision making and all these decisions, from tiny to the massive, have become a task.
8. Repeat telecast: You keep on repeating your actions without realizing. You don’t understand what exactly you are doing and life is playing in a loop. Break this loop with a little sleep.
9. Real life blur effect: The world looks photoshopped. It seems that the blur effect has been used at its best. Your eyes look devilishly red and people seem to be afraid of you.
10. Things have changed: Yes, your love life is not going well. You are having mood swings you cannot explain. Nothing is going right; every act has taken a left diversion.
If you are feeling these things, it is about time to switch your system off and hit the bed. You’ll probably wake up to find the world a much better place!
You may also like: