An afternoon in a Nilgiri shola
In the highest reaches of the Western Ghats of southern India a few shola forests still stand, trapping the rain and engendering many rivers. Inside these forests it is always cool and dark. Ferns grow, streams gurgle, and a variety of birds and animals make their home here. Wandering into a shola forest at an altitude of over 6,000 feet in the Nilgiris, BIJOY VENUGOPAL witnesses a beautiful and rare dance of life.
- Yahoo Lifestyle Entertainment Photo by Bijoy Venugopal Fri 8 Jun, 2012 2:30 PM IST
- Mawlynnong – life in tune with nature Traveler - Wed 6 Feb, 2013 4:13 PM IST
God’s Own Garden is not in Kerala; it is in this remote village in Meghalaya where modern buzzwords like sustainability and eco-friendliness have been daily habits for centuries, says Kalpana Sunder Continue reading → More »
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 8 of 48
VIEW MORE TRAVEL GALLERIES
1 - 8 of 322
- 10 hours ago
- Wed 22 May, 2013 4:27 PM IST
- Tue 21 May, 2013 12:37 PM IST
- Fri 17 May, 2013 9:30 AM IST
- Fri 17 May, 2013 8:30 AM IST
- Thu 16 May, 2013 9:30 AM IST
- Thu 16 May, 2013 10:30 AM IST