As you enjoy the dipping temperature of the winter, pay a little attention to your skin as well. Here are 10 quick and effective face packs to keep your skin fresh and healthy.
Winter calls for extra care for your skin. While the rest of your body is bundled up, your face is exposed 24 hours a day, and so it takes the brunt of the harsh climate most of all and requires additional pampering apart from the usual day and night creams.
Homemade face packs are simple to make and easy to apply. All you need are the ingredients from your fridge or larder; the fresher, the better!
10 quick face packs for the winter
- Papaya pack – Cut a ripe papaya into pieces after removing the skin. Mash it with your fingers or a fork, apply on your face and rinse off after ten minutes with cold water.
- Grape pack – Mash some grapes into a pulp, apply on the face and leave on for a quarter of an hour. Then rinse off. Strawberries can also be used instead of grapes.
- Milk cream (malai) mask – Collect malai from the milk, apply carefully on the face, avoiding eyes and keep on for about ten minutes. Rinse off, first with warm water, then cold water.
- Coconut milk mask – Grate a fresh coconut, then grind it with very little water to extract thick milk. Spread it on the face for fifteen minutes for best results, rinse face with cold water.
- Avocado mask – Mash a few pieces cut from an avocado and spread it on the face and neck for fifteen minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Honey face pack – Mix one teaspoon of rose water with two tablespoons of honey and apply to face and neck. Honey makes the skin soft and is good for dry skin.
- Honey and lime juice pack – Take two teaspoons each of honey and lime juice and leave on the face for ten to fifteen minutes. Alternatively, yoghurt can be used in place of lime juice. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Aloe gel mask – Extract fresh aloe vera from a juicy leaf and apply to the face. Leave on for fifteen minutes and then splash face with cold water. This mask may irritate sensitive skin so test it first on the arm.
- Carrot honey mask – Take twice the quantity of honey as compared to carrot juice, mix well and apply on face and neck. Keep it for twenty minutes.
- Almond oil mask – Mix a little almond oil with milk cream or malai and leave on the face for at least ten minutes. Rinse off with warm water. This is not suitable for oily skin.
Photograph via sxc.hu
You may also like:
- Five amazing hair care tips for winter
- Beauty splash – Aloe vera, nature’s beautician!
- Foods that alleviate dry skin
Look fresh in a jiffy! 10 quick face packs for the winter is a post from: mDhil